Thursday, June 16, 2011

Deanna Welch's 20% Project II

My 20% project went a few different directions.  I really appreciated the time to "play around" with some programs that I have been interested in, but just can't seem to find the minutes in the day to explore.  I worked a bit with Skype and thought that it might be fun to use this to connect with music classrooms around the country.  I know many teachers in other states that may be interested in setting up some sort of exchange concert, and I will look into this further next year.  I also worked with Prezi and xtranormal.  Since I was not teaching this past semester, I tried these programs out with my 5th grade daughter's Gettysburg Address presentation.  Here is a link to that presentation.  http://prezi.com/1xhb3fpmqjkh/the-gettysburg-address/
Mike helped me start on Aviary and I spent some time exploring the audio recording part of this site.  I was able to record my daughter playing two different parts on her frnech horn, sync them together, and delete some of her extra beats to help the two parts fit together.  Here is a link to this recording.
I also worked with Picasa and plan to use this more frequently on my website to share pictures of what we are doing in the music room.

I feel as though I grew immensely in the NETS*S standards.  I have learned how to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants....assessing their own progress.  This is evident in my work with Aviary and how I plan to incorporate that in to my classroom.  
 Through my work with Skype, and the plans I have for next year, I have exhibited knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
When I share my new knowledge with students and other teachers through Prezi, xtranormal and Aviary - and with parents through Picasa, it will be evident that I am a teacher who continuously improves their professional practice, models lifelong learning, and exhibits leadership in their school and professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources.

1 comment:

  1. Deanna,
    When you use Aviary next time, remember to do the "Mixdown" when you are done editing. Then you get the embed code that you can put into your post.
    I love that you were able to personalize this AND show your daughter!

    ReplyDelete