Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kristy Ardinger's 20% Project Part II

For my 20% project, I wanted to create rubrics that tied to our writing curriculum.  I thought about each final project that the students publish and I wanted to have a rubric for the students to use.  I am really excited to use the rubrics next year and I know that I will probably make a few changes as integrate them into my teaching.


Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S. Teachers:
I think that creating rubrics has really allowed me to think about how I can use assessments to help students rather than just thinking about it as the end to a project.  Using rubrics with the class allows us to have a conversation about what quality work really looks like.  I think it also gives kids a much better understanding of the expectations and what they can do to meet the requirements.  I have always known that rubrics are a good tool, but having the time to explore different sites and different rubrics that are already created gave me a better understanding of how I can tweak them to fit my classroom.


Teachers continuously improve their professional practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in their school and professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources. Teacher:  

evaluate and reflect on current research and professional practice on a regular basis to make effective use of existing and emerging digital tools and resources in support of student learning.


During this course I had a chance to think about the digital resources that are available to me as an educator.  I spent some time looking at rubrics that were already created and then I changed them to fit my needs.  I also had a chance to think about a problem based learning project for my students.  It has been fun to think about how I can get my students more involved in their learning and how they can interact with each other.  I think using Moodle is a fun way to have students share their thinking and it's a great way for students to learn from each other.  This class has given me the chance to share ideas with other educators and to collaborate about how to make my classroom an even stronger place for learning.


Rubric Example
(I have more if you would like to see more)

No comments:

Post a Comment