Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tracy Purdy's 20% Project

My 20% project for this course consisted of many different tasks. My goal was to spend time learn many new different web 2.0 tools and trying to use them with my students. I played around with glogster and had my students create character posters for a book we read in class. I also spent some time learning more about how to use Window's Movie Maker and had more success this year because I had time to learn how to save everything correctly so that the program works properly.I had my students create hero poems using Voice Thread and also created a video called "In 3 Words" to sum up our school year. The last thing that I had the students do was to create a portfolio to show all the technology projects that they have done this year. The link to the portfolios is below. I had a great time playing around with all these tools and feel that I have become more efficient in using many of the technology tools that are out there.



Here is a link to a student portfolio:
https://sites.google.com/a/apps.edina.k12.mn.us/caroline-s-4th-grade-portfolio/
In Three Words Video:
http://www.schooltube.com/video/a4c3eb4253af93f0a330/In-3-Words

The 20% project allowed me to become more efficient in the NETS*T standards. I had more opportunities to design and develop digital learning experiences for my students. I was able to spend more time perfecting the lessons which allows me to be more effective in modeling and facilitating the use of digital tools. I feel that this self-directed time inspired me to be more creative in my use of technology in the classroom. Because I had to write in a journal each week, I had to stop and reflect on my use of technology and how effective it was. I got to think how I could improve my practices as a teacher. I am continually learning more about how to use technology more effectively and am continually coming up with new creative ways to inspire my students with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment