Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trista Virtue's 20% Project Part II

1.  My objective with the 20% project this time was to create a Moodle that would have the resources available for the themes and stories we cover in 6th grade reading at Valley View Middle School.  At first I thought this task was not going to be too time intensive, but as I began working on the project I found that the project took more time than I had anticipated.  My hope with the resource Moodle is that students (and parents) will have a place they can go to for additional information or to explore some more with a story that we have covered in class.  I am thrilled with the outcome of this project, but I would like to tweak the links that I have for some of the videos.

2.  I think that the resource Moodle I created will help students to search more about a subject and pursue their own curiosities.  I also am optimistic that students will have a site they can reference if they were absent and need to get notes from a particular lesson.  Students will have an opportunity to practice a skill a bit more, too.

     In the last story of our final theme I was able to incorporate a three-point comprehension assessment, so this is a summative assessment that will allow students immediate feedback on their comprehension of the story (6.6.4).

     As my students read through the different stories of the themes next year it is my hope that I can continue to add more resources to the resource Moodle.  It would also be beneficial to seek input from the students as to what works well with the resource Moodle and what needs to be improved to make this a more valuable site.

Here's a Jing screen shot of what my project looks like:


Here is a link for my resource Moodle for Grade 6 reading.

1 comment:

  1. Trista,
    I hope your hard work pays off! Great resource!

    ReplyDelete